Job vacancy: Box Office Assistant
We are currently recruiting a new Box Office Assistant to join our front of house team. The Box Office Assistant works alongside the Duty Manager, greeting customers and selling tickets.
Please read the following job description and person specification. If you would like to apply for the post, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in working at the Picture House and why you are the best person for the job. Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Electric Picture House, c/o 2 Hill Road, Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 7LW. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 15 July. We expect to hold interviews on or around the 18 July.
If you have any questions that are not answered in this document, please email us or call 01453 844601.
Position: Box Office Assistant
Pay Rate: Minimum wage
Working times: Minimum two shifts per week, evenings and weekends. Shift lengths vary, but
average 2.75 hours.
Responsible to: The Directors
Responsible for: N/A
Purpose of Job
As first point of contact for visitors to the cinema, the post holder will need to demonstrate excellent customer care skills when handling enquires by telephone and face to face. Working with the Duty Manager, the post holder will take responsibility for the smooth operation of Front of House activities including bookings, accurate cash and sales transactions, communication of up to date information and the efficient operation of the confectionary kiosk.
Customer Care / Service:
- Offering excellent customer care by providing a proactive, informed, helpful and accurate response to enquiries both in person and over the phone.
- Keeping the general appearance of the foyer tidy and presentable including monitoring confectionary stock and public information to ensure high quality display and up to date information at all times.
- Operating the telephone system effectively, dealing with incoming calls and providing the best possible service to all.
- Displaying a high level of knowledge about the cinema's programme and facilities to respond efficiently to any enquires.
- Dealing efficiently and speedily with bookings for films while ensuring adherence to Data Protection legislation.
- Deal effectively with monetary transactions including cash, debit/credit cards, and gift vouchers.
Health and Safety:
- Maintaining a safe, clean and welcoming environment at all times.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out in compliance with procedures as detailed in the cinema’s Health and Safety Policy.
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate financial records which tally at the end of the shift.
- Efficient and timely processing of customers and enquires.
- Proven ability to prioritise in dealing with customers and enquires.
- Day to day presentation of foyer is clean, tidy and well stocked.
- Customers are happy and given correct information.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work well in a team
- Presentable, reliable and flexible
- Computer literate
- Proven experience of working in a customer focused role
- An interest in cinema
- The post holder is expected to wear clothing appropriate to their post.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other comparable duties as may be required by the Management.
- The Electric Picture House is open 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays. The post holder will need to be willing to work evenings and weekends as required.