Purpose of this policy
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and process your information.
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
When do we collect information from you?
We collect information when you:
- book tickets through our box office in person, over the phone or online;
- subscribe to our emailing lists;
- register for a loyalty card;
- hire our venue
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data we collect about you varies depending on the service you request from us.
When you book tickets, register for a loyalty card or hire the venue we may collect:
- Email address
- Contact phone numbers
- Age / date of birth
- Payment card details. (Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction. All debit and credit card information is processed securely, and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS))
- Purchase history
- Names of other attendees
Other information we collect
If you correspond with us generally, for example to raise a query, comment or complaint about any of our services, we will also collect any other information you choose to send to us in that correspondence.
We will collect your postal address if you wish us to send you a loyalty card or gift voucher.
When you book tickets for any of our events or screenings we will collect your telephone number so that we can contact you in case of changes to the programme.
We may also use your telephone number to contact you with regard to loyalty cards applications, competition entries, or lost property.
Age/date of birth
We do not typically collect your date of birth. The exception is for customers under the age of 18 who register for a loyalty card.
When you make a purchase, we will collect payment information from you such as credit or debit card details or bank information for the purposes of taking payment or setting up a direct debit through our third party providers.
All debit and credit card information is processed securely, and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
The Electric Picture House Cinema Ltd is the data controller for all data we collect and store.
We collect personal information through a number of different ways when you choose to interact with us, all of which are subject to strict data security processes to ensure your personal information is kept safe at all times.
In addition we use the following data processors to enable us to collect, process and securely store the data we obtain.
- We use www.admit-one.eu to process all ticket bookings
- We use www.ymlp.com/ for our email communications
Any data processed on behalf of the Electric Picture House is processed only to the extent required to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited within a data sharing agreement between us and the provider. Furthermore, any data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this policy and in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
We use information in a number of ways, the main ways being:
- because it is necessary to administer the services you have requested from us and to fulfil our obligations to you in providing these services; or
- to inform you by email or other means of similar events or services run by us which we think may interest you
Specifically we use your information in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil ticketing requests (including confirmation of your booking)
- Process payments (Please note we do not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed).
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with our internal administration.
- Contact you if necessary with important information relating to your booking, such as confirming your order, or changes to event details.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email about our news and events
- Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Analyse your booking history in order to learn about your interests and preferences to help us target our marketing communications so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- To contact you to ask you to participate in audience research. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, we will inform you how any further information will be used. All information gathered for research purposes is anonymised for analysis.
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our programme, our website and our ticketing service.
- To inform you of any changes related to your booking
- Undertake due diligence to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Who do we share your information with?
We don't sell your information.
We don't share the information that is provided to us except:
- with third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service provider, who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you or, where we are able to send you marketing information, to do so;
- if you have requested that you be added to a marketing list of any of our partners we are running, or have run, an event with during the booking process for that event;
- if we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to);
- if another company buys our company, or if we go insolvent, or if we merge with another company, in which case the company that receives your information will protect the information in the same way we do.
How do we protect your information?
The Electric Picture House is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure at all times. We store and process your personal data securely using suitable physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard and secure all personal information. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal data do the same. We limit internal access to your personal data to only those who require it.
We ensure that high standards of security and protection are met by abiding by our Data Protection Policies and Procedures.
We keep your personal information:
- For as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or,
- (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or,
- until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
Your rights and how to contact us
We aim to make it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. In addition, every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
If you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- At any time you have the right to ask us to amend or stop how we use your personal information including for marketing purposes.
You have the right to request details of what information we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will then respond as soon as possible but no later than within a month. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to email@example.com
You have the right to get information held about you by us corrected. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the contact details below.
At the end of your relationship with us you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so as far as we are reasonably able and subject to our legal requirements to retain such data.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any concerns or questions about the way in which the Picture House handles your personal data, please contact us –
Electric Picture House Cinema
18a Market Street