Job vacancy: Duty Manager
We are currently recruiting for a new Duty Manager to join our front of house team. This is a part time post, with a minimum two shifts per week.
Please read the job description and person specification. If you would like to apply for the post, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in working at the Picture House and why you are the best person for the job. Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Electric Picture House, c/o 2 Hill Road, Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 7LW. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 14 February.
If you have any questions that are not answered in this document, please email us or call 01453 844601.
Position: Duty Manager
Pay Rate: £8.30 per hour
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Box Office Assistants and Cinema Ushers
Purpose of Job
The post holder manages the Box Office and Front of House functions for the organisation. Whilst on duty, the post holder will be responsible for projecting the film, and managing the Box Office Assistants and Cinema Ushers, ensuring the highest levels of customer service are provided at all times.
- Manage Box Office Assistants and Cinema Ushers to ensure the effective and successful operation of the box office and Front of House department.
- Operate the projection equipment, maintaining a high standard of presentation of the film
- Maintain and safe, clean and welcoming environment at all times by monitoring the building and its facilities.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and external clients, and carry out effective hand overs within the team.
- Assist Box Office Assistants in running the department, ensuring adherence to Data Protection legislation.
- Manage the box office computer system (Admit 1) whilst on duty.
- Manage Front of House income, taking responsibility for floats, tills, sales and cash handling during shifts.
- Manage security of premises whilst on duty, including opening and/or closing of building and all areas within it to protect property, personnel and public.
- Respond quickly to any issues relating to the quality of screening and comfort within the cinema as soon as they are reported.
Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent customer service with positive feedback from clients.
- Committed and effective team
- Excellent communication within the team and all others within the departments.
- Smooth running of box office function and cinema.
- Acts responsibly in an emergency and is reliable as a key holder in an emergency.
- Acts in the interest of health and safety of customers and staff.
- Operate projection equipment effectively and maintain excellent standard of quality presentation of sound and image.
- Maintain good time keeping and a clean, presentable appearance at all times.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in team management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent administration and ICT skills.
- Experience of the front of house systems.
- Fantastic customer service.
- Creative problem solving.
- Confident and assertive.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Calm under pressure.
- Positive attitude to learning and developing new skills.
- The post holder is expected to wear clothing appropriate to their post.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other comparable duties as may be required by the Management.
- The Electric Picture House Cinema is open 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays. The post holder will need to be comfortable working in this environment.